Friday 11 March 2016

Research- all in my own words

The time period of Pop Art was 1955 to  about 1960s.  The famous artists that use Pop- Art is Roy Lichtenstein and Andy Warhol.  Pop Art has been used  for photography. It has also been used for general art. Pop- Art has also been used for portraits of different people. This has been made into the style that the artist's see using simple lines and colours.  The features of a pop- art image is Benday dots- which are used to create the dots of the image, bright colours to make the art work stand out clearly.  Another feature of a pop- art image is that the colour black has often been used.  This creates the style of a comic book as though the image is leaping from the page. The things that constitutes a pop- art image is the fact that it is often involved around Marilyn Monroe or bright colours. This is often duplicated to create a pop- art image.  The background colour of each of the duplicates are different colours to give the image the brightness it needs.  I think that pop-art images are created by using simple colours to make the image pop out form the page. Also I think that Benday dots are used to create the dots on the image instead of taking forever with ordinary dots. The way that the dots are created is simply by using a mesh without any sequences in to create neat and simple Benday dots. The black outline is simply used by using a black felt tip pen to highlight the outside of the Pop Art images. Also another way that a pop-art image is created is by taking a photo of another person with changing the background colour to create the pop- art style. The place that I feel a pop- art image should be used is in a comic book. This is because of the bright colours and boldness of each pop- art image.  Also pop- art should be used for comic strips/books because of the fact that it looks like the image is moving. This is because pop- art is a modern movement piece of art making it look as though the image is moving. The product that could use a pop- art image in its advertising is a poster. This is because of the bright colours that the image uses. The equipment that I think I will need for this is a camera- with a low shadowed depth of field to create the pop- art type style. Also I think that I will need a tripod to keep the camera still, a red head to capture the type lighting of each of my shots.

Extra Pop- Art research

From my knowledge the colour to always start off with when creating a pop- art piece from hand is the brightest colour first. This would include using the colour yellow first to stop any smudges. Pop- Art has mainly been used for Mickey Mouse and comic books from Roy Lichtenstein to show his style.


1. I like this image because it captures the effect of the spray can spraying everywhere. The image shows all of the elements to  pop- art which I like. The bright colours used for the image shows the brightness, also it stands out from the rest of the image, The black outline gives the likeness to show it is a piece of art, instead of a realistic image. (Roy Lichtenstein)




2. I like this image because it gives the indication of a comic book
or strip style. It shows that action has just happened with the way the explosion has been drawn. I also like this image because it gives the feeling that an explosion has happened. The black outline highlights the boldness, It captures the slight realism of the image. (Roy Lichtenstein)








                                                        

3. I like this image because it looks like a cartoon. The fact that the artist has used a different colour background for each of the coke cans makes it stand out.  I like the fact that photography has been used to create this piece of pop- art which I like. It shows that different styles of pop- art can be used with photography aswell as drawing art. (Andy Warhol)




.                                                                          
                                                       


 4. I like this image because it shows the fish swimming in the fish bowl. It gives the impression that the fish don't want to be in the fish bowl. I also like this image because of the way that the water has been created. I like the fact that Benday Dots has been used to create the water effect. This makes the image stand out as it looks like the fish are swimming in the water. (Roy Lichtenstein)  




    5. I like this image because it shows another cartoon style. I like the fact that not all of the objects in this photo has been coloured in. It gives the carton effect without using colour. Also I like this image because it makes me feel as though I am in the image. (Roy Lichtenstein)




                                                         
6.  I like this image because it Mickey Mouse looks as though he is walking off the piece of artwork. I also like the fact that Mickey Mouse stands out on the different coloured background because you can see him clearly. No complication parts on this photo have been sued which is why I like it. (Andy Warhol)












7. I like this image because it gives the indication to pop- art.  I like the fact that this image uses just a simple photo but makes it into a pop- art style. I like the colours of the image because they don't class with each other, they stand out in a great way. (Andy Warhol)











                        
                             8.  I like this image because it shows the different colours used for one object. I like the fact that the photography pop- art stands out from the rest of the image. I like the fact that the colours repeats itself to show the pop- art style. (Andy Warhol)












9. I like this image because it captures Marilyn Monroe perfectly. The way that Marilyn Monroe has been used to create this pop art style is fantastic. I like the fact that the artist has captured different people also to use as a pop art image. It makes the pop art style more interesting. (Andy Warhol)






                                                    
                                                      
                                                    


10. I like this image because it captures the pop art style in a comic book. The way that he pop- art looks as though it is leaping out the place grabs my attention. I like the colours that has been used to create the image. It stands out form the page. (Roy Lichtenstein)


Contact sheet:
















                                                   
Seamless Background     

The equipment that I will need to make my pop- art studio/seamless back-drop is to have:

A camera to capture all of the lighting that I need( low IS0 to capture the right lighting)
A tripod to make sure that my camera doesn't move
A red head to get rid of any shadows  that isn't needed.
An object or two to capture/take with, to use for my project
 
 
 
 
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment